- Text Cutter is now available whenever the Text Tool is active
- Shortcut keys added for the Layers palette: Shift+click, Ctrl+click, Shift+Ctrl+click to select all layers
- UI design and color improvements
- File name shows in window when Tabbed Documents view is off
- Resize dialog box: Improved button layout (Reset button)
- Effect dialog boxes: Ability to adjust/move selection
- Palettes can dock on the left
- Color palettes can be renamed
- Magic Fill now respects transparent areas
- Over 20% performance improvement when using the “Smart Edge” option with brushes
- Plug-ins: More support for older plugins by using Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) on/off selection. For more information about DEP, visit the Windows Support website.
- Smudge and Push brushes now work with selections
- Instability addressed when accessing “File Location” from Material Properties or Preferences
- Layer drag-and-drop capability restored between images
- High DPI display corrections for effects that use the new layout
- Layer order now preserved when creating a layer group
- Warp brush: No issues if you click the same image area more than once
- PSD format: Able to save/save as 16-bit color PSD (PhotoShop) file
- RAW: Now shows correct EXIF info for RAW thumbnails
- Better script names
- Nikon D5300: Fixed purple hue issue
- Drag from third-party program and drop into PaintShop Pro fixed (Windows 8.1)
- Local Tone Mapping: Resolved crash issue when adjusting Block size
New in-app content download
PaintShop Pro now includes ways to get more creative content without having to leave the program. For example, in this release additional Picture Tubes are available. To get the new picture tubes, in the Edit workspace, choose the Picture Tube Tool, and on the Tool Options palette click the picture tubes drop-list. Click Get More Content button to install the new content.
To install this update:
- Download the update onto your system by saving it to your hard drive.
- Double-click the installer file to begin the update.
- Follow the instructions to review the Software License Agreement and complete the install.
IMPORTANT: The original CD/DVD may be required. Please note: each application has a version number. If you want to know the full version number of your installation, click Help, About in any Corel application, or check the volinfo.txt file at the root of Programs CD/DVD.
If you encounter any technical difficulties installing this update, please contact Corel Support Services.