Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Release Notes
Recommended: This update might affect workspace customizations. If you customized your workspace, save it (File > Workspace > Save) before installing the update so that you can reload the workspace later.
- New! Haze Removal: Reduce haze in your photos in a few clicks (Adjust > Haze Removal).
- Enhanced! Performance: Initial startup time is up to 2 times faster.
- Enhanced! Performance: Smoother, jitter-free zooming
- Enhanced! Performance: Notice up to 3 times faster processing when cropping rotated images.
- Enhanced! Performance: Move selected objects without any lag.
- Enhanced! Paint Brush tool: Create even better brushstrokes at low Step settings.
- Enhanced! Font sizing: Set font size quickly and easily right in the image window by dragging your mouse.
- Enhanced! Frame tool: Drag-and-drop a photo to replace an embedded image already in a frame.
New camera format support in AfterShot Lab
- Canon EOS 1Dx Mark III, R3, R7 and R10
- DJI Mavic 3
- Fujifilm X-H2S, XT30 II, and X-Pro 3
- Leica M11 and Q2
- Nikon Z30 and Nikon Z9 (standard compression formats only)
- Olympus PEN E-PL10
- Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II
- Sony ILCE_7M4, DSC-RX0M2
Issues addressed and changes
- Focus Stacking: Improved overall results with higher stacking quality and the elimination of ghosting.
- Pick tool: When a rectangle created with the Anti-aliasing check box (on the Tools Options palette) marked is selected with the Pick tool, the bounding box is equivalent to the size of the rectangle.
- Selection tool: The selection marquee displays as expected when the Frame tool is activated.
- Selection tool: The selection marquee displays as expected when adjusting brightness and contrast (Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Brightness/Contrast), fill and clarity (Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Fill/Clarity), local tone mapping (Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Local Tone Mapping), curves (Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Curves) or hue, saturation and lightness (Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Hue/Saturation/Lightness).
- Picture Tube tool: Undoing and redoing actions works as expected when the Create as new raster layer check box is marked on the Tools Options palette.
- Resize: Clicking OK after clicking Reset in the Resize dialog box (Image > Resize) works as expected.
- Resize: Choosing the By Print Size option in the Resize dialog box (Image > Resize) when resizing images with a portrait orientation now works as expected.
- AI Portrait Mode: Setting a value in the Brush Size box in the AI Portrait Mode window (Adjust > Artificial Intelligence > AI Portrait Mode) and pressing the Enter key now works as expected.
- Crop to selection: Cropping to a selection (Image > Crop to Selection) no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Scratch Remover tool: Works as expected on duplicated layers in 8-bit grayscale images.
- Frame tool: The application no longer stops responding when text is wrapped around a text-based frame.
- Image quality: Dragging a corner handle to decrease the size of an image layer, activating the Crop tool, and then increasing the size of the image layer does not decrease image quality.
- Undo: Undoing an action works as expected when working with images converted to grayscale (Image > Grayscale) and color depth increased to RGB (Image > Increase Color Depth > RGB - 8 bits/channel or RGB - 16 bits/channel).
- Cascade mode: Images in Cascade mode (Window > Cascade) can be moved with a single click.
- Adjust tab: Fonts display as expected at 4K resolution.
- Memory management: Improved when using the Preset Shape and Text tools.
- Paint Brush tool: When the Blend mode is set to Dissolve, brushstrokes appear as expected.
- Smart Edge check box: Displays as expected at all color depths.
- Frame tool: Now performs as expected on an image with a layer.
- AI resize: Erasing raster layer pixels to transparency in 16-bit images then resizing the image (Image > Resize) by choosing the By Percentage and AI-Powered options now works as expected.
- Nodes: When adding a node, no bounding boxes appear unexpectedly.
- Text frames: Using the Text tool on a layer with a text-based frame containing an embedded image no longer causes the application to stop working.
- Print Layout: Printing an image from Print Layout (File > Print Layout) no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Crop tool: Clicking the Undo button on the Standard toolbar or the Clear button on the floating Crop toolbar no longer results in unexpected artifacts.
- Scripting: The Apply to other open documents command (View > Palettes > History, and right-click a script) now works as expected.
- Chromatic aberration correction: The Chromatic aberration correction sliders (B / Y and R /C) in the Lens Correction dialog box (Adjust > Lens Correction) and the Camera RAW Lab dialog box (File > Open, choose a RAW file, click Open, choose Use Camera RAW Lab option, Lens tab) now work as expected.
- Shape tool: When the Rectangle, Symmetric Shape, Ellipse, or Preset tool is selected, the Anti-alias check box (on the Tools Options palette) is marked by default.
- Shape tool: Shapes created with the Anti-alias check box (on the Tools Options palette when any vector shape tool is selected) marked display as expected when the Snap To Guides command is active (View > Snap To Guides).
- Scripting: Scripts containing text-creation commands now generate text with the correct font size and font-size unit.
- Tabbed documents: When opening multiple files, document tabs now display the correct file name in all workspaces.
- Brush Variance: Settings in the Brush Variance palette (Palettes > Brush Variance) perform as they did in Corel PaintShop Pro X6 and earlier versions.